(Updated; December, 2017)
These policies are in addition to the standard guild policies. If you haven't read them you should start there.
A member who is active in the guild and is interested in going to any casual/gearing raids.
A member who is committed to raiding with a small group of people, on a
regular basis (fixed schedule) with an emphasis on progression and
- Officers and High Council members will have guild notes to denote their raiding status within the guild.
- Being a raider does not guarantee you a raid spot in the raiding group (s), but means that you should be prepared to raid approx. 2 nights a week.
- Raiders are expected to come prepared with flasks, and buff foods.
All Raids will be scheduled on the website calendar only. Anyone interested
in signing up is welcome. Signups will be done only on the website.
Raids will be subject to signup counts. This means if we don't have
enough people we may not run it, so signup early and often. Priority will be
given to those signing up on the website and keeping that signup current
with changes to your availability.
We are currently flexible with our raid attendance. With "flex" style
raids, we don't have to adhere to a strict group size, we will likely
have to maximize our group setup to down tougher content though. If you
are asked to sit out due to lack of performance, awareness or class
balancing, please know its in the best interest of the group.
Members attending raids
- Be sure that your signup status for a raid is accurate by 24 hours before that raid time. (for example: If you sign up available for Friday's raid, but on Thursday you realize you can't go, be sure to update your signup to reflect this).
- Come on time, prepared to stay until completion and bring reagents/buffs/gold for repairs.
- AFK Breaks are to be taken roughly halfway through the time and announced by the raid leader.
- Have discord installed and configured. Even if you can't talk, you need to be able to listen.
- All the expectations of the Casual raider plus the following
- GEMS AND ENCHANTS!
- Have knowledge of boss abilities and possible strategies that can be shared with the raid as needed.
- Your "A" game. Be prepared to deal with planed mechanics and be able to adjust on the fly
- NO DRAMA. Understand that there may be situations where you are asked to sit out a raid/fight for a reason that may benefit progression (class balance, etc..).
- Have Discord installed and be able to talk
- Gear knowledge. This means know roughly what gear you're interested in as to maximize your performance.
- Be on time. We don't extend past the scheduled time so being late cuts into raid time for everyone.
- Stay till the end. We don't extend past the scheduled time so we expect you to stay unless you've cleared it ahead of time (raid notes are acceptable).
- Please inform an officer or raid leader if you need to leave early or are possibly going to be late. Again, with "flex" raiding, we can be a bit more relaxed on joining and leaving the group.
- If you have to join late, please be aware that there may not be an available spot by the time you log on. If you are joining late, please don't hold up the raid. If we are in the middle of content, you will have to wait but please be patient. Join and get to the door and be ready to run in asap. If a summon is available, we will summon but please don't always count on it. We have to maximize our raid time and not waste it waiting for someone to run to the entrance. During the raid you are not to hearth or zone out of the raid unless given permission from the raid leader or it is during break time.
Lockouts can be extended at the discretion of the raid leader in consultation with the High Council.
Currently we are using Personal Loot rules. This looting system is working right
now but if issues arise, we will re-evaluate the possibility of group
loot or even master looter again.
During the current tier of content, priority may be given to certain players
to best assist the raid in progressing. This may be used to elevate any
player into contention for any item. All modifications to the standard
rule will be discussed before loot distribution.